THE GROWING DEMAND FOR URDU-BASED APPS

Nadia, a working mother with two sons shared her reasoning behind wanting more Urdu apps, “I didn’t want my sons growing up thinking all fun things are in English, or rather, not local.” Pakistanis living abroad have an even bigger reason for wanting their children to have early exposure to their native language, “we want them to learn Urdu, but living abroad with no family nearby means it can get difficult to keep their vocabulary growing. Urdu apps have helped, and I love that my son is learning the same nursery rhymes I grew up listening to”, says Salman who lives in New York with his wife and 3-year old son.
Even though there aren’t a lot of Urdu educational apps for children with high ratings on the iTunes App Store, we’ve rounded up a few of our favorites for iOS that come recommended by parents and children alike.

Comments